- 1. Collection of Information.
- 1.1 Survey Information Applied Science Labs collects information from individuals by various methods, including, but not limited to, when a Applied Science Labs survey, order form, or a registration page either online or offline, or by means of online or offline surveys, order forms, or registration pages operated by third parties (collectively, a "Survey"). (As used herein, "online" means using the Internet, including the Websites, and related technologies, and "offline" means by methods other than online, including in person, in the postal mail, using telephones and cell phones, and other similar means.) In the Surveys, Applied Science Labs or a third party (a "Third Party") may ask an individual to provide various information to Applied Science Labs which may include his or her name, email address, street address, zip code, telephone numbers (including cell phone numbers and carriers), birth date, gender, salary range, education and marital status, occupation, social security number, employment information, personal and online interests, and such other information as may be requested from time to time (together, "Survey Information"). Applied Science Labs may also collect information concerning an individual from another source and uses that information in combination with information provided from this web site. Completing the Surveys is completely voluntary, and individuals are under no obligation to provide Survey Information to Applied Science Labs or Third Party, but an individual may receive incentives from Applied Science Labs or a Third Party in exchange for providing Survey Information to Applied Science Labs.
- 1.2 Third Party List Information. Applied Science Labs collects information from individuals when an individual provides information to a third party and Applied Science Labs subsequently purchases, licenses, or otherwise acquires the information from the third party (the "Seller"). Such purchased information may include, but is not limited to, an individual's name, email address, street address, zip code, telephone numbers (including cell phone numbers and carriers), birth date, gender, salary range, credit card information, education and marital status, occupation, industry of employment, personal and online interests, and such other information as the individual may have provided to the Seller (together, "Third Party List Information"). When acquiring Third Party List Information, Applied Science Labs seeks assurances from the Seller that the Seller has a right to transfer the Third Party List Information to Applied Science Labs and that the Seller has a right to provide offers from advertisers to the individuals whose personal information is included on the Seller's list.
- 1.3 Other Information. Other occasions when Applied Science Labs obtains information from individuals include (1) when an individual is making a claim for a prize or seeking to redeem an incentive offered by Applied Science Labs by a third party, (2) when an individual requests assistance through Applied Science Labs customer service department, and (3) when an individual voluntarily subscribes to a Applied Science Labs service or newsletter (together, "Other Information").
- 1.4 Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Info Collected Using Technology. Applied Science Labs currently uses cookie and web beacon technology to associate certain Internet-related information about an individual with information about the individual in our database. Additionally, Applied Science Labs may use other new and evolving sources of information in the future (together, "Technology Information").
(a) Cookies. A cookie is a small amount of data stored on the hard drive of the individual's computer that allows Applied Science Labs to identify the individual with his or her corresponding data that resides in Applied Science Labs database. You may read more about cookies at http://cookiecentral.com. Individuals who use the Websites need to accept cookies in order to use all of the features and functionality of the Websites.
(b) Web Beacons. A web beacon is programming code that can be used to display an image on a web page (by using an programming function -- see http://truste.org for more information), but can also be used to transfer an individual's unique user identification (often in the form of a cookie) to a database and associate the individual with previously acquired information about an individual in a database. This allows Applied Science Labs to track certain web sites an individual visits online. Web beacons are used to determine products or services an individual may be interested in, and to track online behavioral habits for marketing purposes. For example, Applied Science Labs might place, with the consent of a third party website, a web beacon on the third party's website where fishing products are sold. When Bill, an individual listed in Applied Science Labs database, visits the fishing website, Applied Science Labs receives notice by means of the web beacon that Bill visited the fishing site, and Applied Science Labs would then update Bill's profile with the information that Bill is interested in fishing. Applied Science Labs may thereafter present offers of fishing related products and services to Bill. In addition to using web beacons on web pages, Applied Science Labs also uses web beacons in email messages sent to individuals listed in Applied Science Labs database.
(c) New Technology. The use of technology on the Internet, including cookies and web beacons, is rapidly evolving, as is Applied Science Labs use of new and evolving technology. As a result, Applied Science Labs strongly encourages individuals to revisit this policy for any updates regarding its use of technology.
- 1.5 Outside Information. Applied Science Labs may receive information about individuals from third parties or from other sources of information outside of Applied Science Labs including information located in public databases ("Outside Information").
- 1.6 Individual Information. As used herein, Individual Information means Survey Information, Third Party List Information, Other Information, Technology Information, and Outside Information, and any other information Applied Science Labs gathers or receives about individuals.
- 1.7 No Information Collected from Children. Applied Science Labs will never knowingly collect any personal information about children under the age of 13. If Applied Science Labs obtains actual knowledge that it has collected personal information about a child under the age of 13, that information will be immediately deleted from our database. Because it does not collect such information, Applied Science Labs has no such information to use or to disclose to third parties. Applied Science Labs has designed this policy in order to comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA").
- 1.8 Credit Card Information. Applied Science Labs may in certain cases collect credit card numbers and related information, such as the expiration date of the card ("Credit Card Information") when an individual places an order from Applied Science Labs. When the Credit Card Information is submitted to Applied Science Labs, such information is encrypted and is protected with SSL encryption software. Applied Science Labs will use the Credit Card Information for purposes of processing and completing the purchase transaction, and the Credit Card Information will be disclosed to third parties only as necessary to complete the purchase transaction.
- 2. Use of Individual Information.
- 2.1 Discretion to Use Information. THE COMPANY MAY USE INDIVIDUAL INFORMATION FOR ANY LEGALLY PERMISSIBLE PURPOSE IN COMPANY'S SOLE DISCRETION. The following paragraphs in Section 2 describe how Applied Science Labs currently uses Individual Information, but Applied Science Labs may change or broaden its use at any time. As noted below, Applied Science Labs may update this policy from time to time. Applied Science Labs may use Individual Information to provide promotional offers to individuals by means of email advertising, telephone marketing, direct mail marketing, online banner advertising, and package stuffers, among other possible uses. If you do not wish us to use personal information about you to promote or sell our products and services or to sell, transfer or otherwise provide personal information about you to third parties, please inform us by contacting customer service at 1-866-978-6583 and we will certainly honor your request.
- 2.2 Email. Applied Science Labs uses Individual Information to provide promotional offers by email to individuals. Applied Science Labs may maintain separate email lists for different purposes. If email recipients wish to end their email subscription from a particular list, they need to follow the instructions at the end of each email message to unsubscribe from the particular list.
- 2.2 (a) Content of Email Messages. In certain commercial email messages sent by Applied Science Labs, an advertiser's name will appear in the "From:" line but hitting the "Reply" button will cause a reply email to be sent to Applied Science Labs. The "Subject:" line of Applied Science Labs email messages will usually contain a line provided from the advertiser to Applied Science Labs
- 2.2 (b) Solicited Email. Applied Science Labs only sends email to individuals who have agreed on the Websites to receive email from Applied Science Labs or to individuals who have agreed on third party websites to receive email from third parties such as Applied Science Labs. Applied Science Labs does not send unsolicited email messages. As a result, statutes requiring certain formatting for unsolicited email are not applicable to Applied Science Labs's email messages.
- 2.3 Targeted Advertising. Applied Science Labs uses Individual Information to target advertising to an individual. When an individual is using the Internet, Applied Science Labs uses Technology Information (see also Section 2.5 below) to associate an individual with that person's Individual Information, and Applied Science Labs attempts to show advertising for products and services in which the person has expressed an interest in the Surveys, indicated an interest by means of Technology Information, and otherwise. Applied Science Labs may, at its discretion, target advertising by using email, direct mail, telephones, cell phones, and other means of communication to provide promotional offers.
- 2.4 Direct Mail and Telemarketing. Applied Science Labs uses Individual Information to advertise, directly or indirectly, to individuals using direct mail marketing or telemarketing using telephones and cell phones.
- 2.5 Use of Technology Information. Applied Science Labs uses Technology Information (1) to match a person's Survey Information and Third Party List Information to other categories of Individual Information to make and improve profiles of individuals, (2) to track a person's online browsing habits on the Internet, (3) to determine which areas of Applied Science Labs's web sites are most frequently visited. This information helps Applied Science Labs to better understand the online habits of individuals so that Applied Science Labs can target advertising and promotions to them.
- 2.6 Profiles of Individuals. Applied Science Labs uses Individual Information to make a profile of an individual. A profile can be created by combining Survey Information and Third Party List Information with other sources of Individual Information such as information obtained from public databases.
- 2.7 Storage of Individual Information. Applied Science Labs stores the Individual Information in a database on Applied Science Labs computers. Our computers have security measures (such as a firewall) in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under Applied Science Labs' control. Not withstanding such measures, Applied Science Labs cannot guarantee that its security measures will prevent Applied Science Labs computers from being illegally accessed, and the Individual Information on them stolen or altered.
- 3. Dissemination of Individual Information.
- 3.1 Order Fulfillment. Applied Science Labs will transfer Individual Information to third parties when necessary to provide a product or service that a person orders from such third party while using Applied Science Labs web sites or when responding to offers provided by Applied Science Labs.
- 3.2 Legal Process. Applied Science Labs may disclose Individual Information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, and other legal processes.
- 3.3 Access. Individuals have access to their Individual Information collected to provide an opportunity for an individual to correct, amend, or delete such information. Access can be obtained by contacting customer service at the number on the order page. Applied Science Labs may also grant advertising clients and email services providers access to an individual's email address to verify the origin of the Individual Information collected.
- Privacy Practices of Third Parties.
- 4.1 Advertiser cookies and web beacons. Advertising agencies, advertising networks, and other companies (together, "Advertisers") who place advertisements on the Websites and on the Internet generally may use their own cookies, web beacons, and other technology to collect information about individuals. Applied Science Labs does not control Advertisers' use of such technology and Applied Science Labs has no responsibility for the use of such technology to gather information about individuals.
- 4.2 Links. The Websites and email messages sometimes contain hypertext links to the web sites of third parties. Applied Science Labs is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other web sites. Linked web sites may contain links to web sites maintained by third parties. Such links are provided for your convenience and reference only. Applied Science Labs does not operate or control in any respect any information, software, products or services available on such third party web sites. The inclusion of a link to a web site does not imply any endorsement of the services or the site, its contents, or its sponsoring organization.
- Unsubscribe Procedures. If you wish to discontinue receiving email messages from Applied Science Labs please call us at 1-866-978-6583 or you can email link to contact form. You can also write to:
Applied Science Labs
398 E. Dania Beach Blvd #400
Dania Beach, FL 33004